Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Sunday, April 29, 2012

38 species on my first field trip

Today I led my first field trip ever, for the Augusta Bird Club out to Riprap Trail, a trail I bird often.  Our party of 8 found 38 species on the wonderful morning.

Of the 38 species 8 were warblers.  A very surprising and nice find was a Golden-winged Warbler, both singing and giving wonderful looks!  It was a new year bird (182) for me as well as a new Augusta County bird.  It was a year bird for everyone on the trip and a life bird for one person, their 304th lifer!

I hope everyone enjoyed the trip as much as I did and GOOD BIRDING,

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment