Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Life bird: "BZZZ_zitt"

Got my second life bird of 2012 today, which puts my life list up to 469 species.  It was a Blue-winged Warbler singing "BZZZZ_zitt" on a Monticello Bird Club field trip here in Virginia today.  How super exciting!  Even without the blue-wing the walk was quite worth while with 6 additional first of year birds: Nashville Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Blue Grosbeak, Orchard Oriole, Grasshopper Sparrow, and White-eyed Vireo.

Tomorrow I lead my first field trip ever, out to the Riprap Trail, a location I bird often.  I will post a report on how it goes on this blog.

Happy birding,

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment