Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"everyday birding" yesterday--maybe not today

Hi everyone,

yesterday was rainy and wet here in the Shenandoah Valley of VA and I just did some normal "everyday birding"  I did find the usuals which are still nice--Grasshopper Sparrow, Kestrel, Red-tailed Hawk, Least Sandpiper, etc.  It was my mom's birthday so that made it a great day in itself.  Happy birthday, mama!

Today I'm off to see my dentist, but since he works in Fredericksburg, VA some 2+ hours away I'm going to be going birding over there trying to work up my "Fredericksburg City List"  If I find anything but a Starling, House Sparrow, and Pigeon I will post a report on my blog.

I have a couple of exciting days coming up.  Tomorrow I go on a bird walk with the Rockingham Bird Club, Thursday is a bit of a so-so day, but Friday I am going to Shenandoah N. Park to look for bears and Saturday I am birding with a birder friend.  It's going to be great times!

That about raps it up for now.  Wild times,

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment