Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Update

Since my list post i've done a lot more birding adding 7 more birds to my "2012 year list": Glossy Ibis, Kentucky Warbler, Least Flycatcher, Alder Flycatcher, Common Nighthawk, Semipalmated Sandpiper, and Tennessee Warbler.  The Glossy Ibis was a rare inland ibis, at a pond in Albemarle County, Virginia. The Alder Flycatcher was the first one I had ever seen, although I had heard one before so it was not a true 'lifer'.

Two days ago, a group of 3 birding friends and myself took the day and spent some 13+ hours in Highland County, Virginia having a blast and logging at least 70 bird species, as well as a Red Fox.  That is when/where I added LEFL, ALFL, and CONI.  The CONI was back in my home county, Augusta County Virginia right after we got back from Highland County.

That about raps it up for now.  Stay tuned for more adventures as I look for bears, birds, and other wild things!

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment