Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Doing a Junior Big Year?

Heck no!  I wondered if some of you (especially those of you that were familiar with my 2011 Junior Big Year) would wonder if I'm doing another Junior Big Year this year because I have a what seems to at least me like a good year list of 95 species this early in the year.  That's because I've been birding nearly every day here in Virginia so have been 'sweeping 'm up' but since I won't be doing much traveling (other than to Montana) my year list will come out with far fewer birds than a 'Junior Big Year' list.  In addition to the lack of 'big traveling', I'm also doing none or next-to-none local state chasing.  I will do a few 'chases' this year, but probably only in-state and for hard-to-get life birds only.

Also, there are a couple of kids out there that are doing Junior Big Years this year.  Please visit Skyler Bol's blog: www.2012juniorbigyear.blogspot.com and Omeganook's blog: www.catherton.blogspot.com   Good luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment