Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Yard bird 98!

Late this morning-early afternoon a group of approx. 1100 starlings were feeding in the fields around my house.  I decided to get my scope out and sift through for blackbirds.  Found were 2 Rusty Blackbirds (a new yard bird for me) and a few BH Cowbirds.  Yard bird #98 for me!  What will be # 99 and #100?  Common Yellowthroat?  Swamp Sparrow?  American Woodcock?  Red-eyed Vireo?  Who knows!

On another note I decided to chase a not-so reliable Greater White-fronted Goose that's been reported about 45 minutes from where I live.  I could not find it.  If it is reported again, well then, I'll chase it again.

Good birding!

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment